Tuesday 15 June 2010

1929-1993




One of the all time classics and my personal favourite is the amazing "Breakfast at Tiffany's" with Audrey Hepburn. My friend Amanda introduced me to Hepburn's world two years ago.

She's seems so delicate and fragile in that little black dress. The sunglasses are just mazing! and the hat with the scarf is my favourite outfit featured in the film. I really recommend the film, is not a masterpiece but it's amazingly endearing. The music is so sweet and it's filmed in NY.

She definitely looks better in the first half of the film, towards the end you can see her rocking an awful hairstyle given to her "lack of time" before moving to south america with her new boyfriend (so bad).

So, in my opinion the best part is when Holly and Paul spend the day together. That is the most romantic bit in a film I ever seen. Is not about being mellow and caring and all the romantic stereotypes fixed by movies. I think that bit in the film represents what two people enjoy doing while being together. Obviously you can see that "she's not into him", as her objectives are totally different, however, he's utterly sweet without being corny at all. He was really handsome and I could definitely see a difference between the first paul (before meeting Holly) and the second one, he was in love, obviously, but apart from that, I think she taught him how to have fun and seize the moment.

There's more behind this film that you imagine, now is when I realise I choose the wrong Elective at uni. But still, watch it!

/J

No comments:

Post a Comment