Friday 25 June 2010

Dear Spring: see you next year.


I've always believed in Horoscopes and that whole crap of the moon and the planets.

I've always believed in music lyrics and the bands that I love.

I've always believed in Fashion Magazines and those crappy articles (cause the photo shoots are nice)

I've always believed in listening to my favourite song while watching birds fly or a car pass by.

I've always believed in cute and tidy.

Today I say fuck the planets and the love section in horoscopes, the fashion mags' crappy gifts. Fuck the car passing by and the ipod's battery that just died before the song finished. Fuck the birds cause they occasionally poo on your head. Fuck cute and tidy, fuck perfection and that pair of trousers that doesn't fit you anymore. Fuck the bus driver who didn't stop. Fuck the hairdresser that chopped half your hair. Fuck the shampoos that say "makes your hair shinier". Fuck the packed tube, yes, fuck it... even though you spotted a hot guy over there... fuck it anyway. Fuck that film that made you cry like a baby in front of your parents. Fuck your favourite nail polish. Fuck brands and their branding. I say what and when, who and why. Fuck it.

There's a song that always makes me cry and it's not slow.

I believe in lights and colours, smells and songs.

/J

No comments:

Post a Comment