Tuesday 8 June 2010

On Twitter

*click to enlarge

It's 1:16 am, let's copy paste from Wikipedia!

Twitter is a social networking and microblogging service that enables its users to send and read messages known as tweets. Tweets aretext-based posts of up to 140 characters displayed on the author's profile page and delivered to the author's subscribers who are known asfollowers. Senders can restrict delivery to those in their circle of friends or, by default, allow open access. Since late 2009, users can follow lists of authors instead of following individual authors.[4][5] All users can send and receive tweets via the Twitter website, external applications (notably including those developed for smartphones), or Short Message Service (SMS), although the availability of SMS services varies by country.[6] While the service itself costs nothing to use, accessing it through SMS may incur phone service provider fees. The website currently has more than 100 million users worldwide.[7]

Since its creation in 2006 by Jack Dorsey, Twitter has gained notability and popularity worldwide. It is sometimes described as "SMS of theInternet."[8] The use of Twitter's application programming interface for sending and receiving text messages by other applications often eclipses direct use of Twitter.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter


So yeah, there you can see a screen shot of my twitter account. I decided to post on this because it just came to my mind when I posted this recent tweet:


"this is why i decided to have a twitter... there are some comments facebook people can't cope with"


I started thinking about what I said and why I said it. I have two social networking accounts, in this case Facebook and Twitter. In Facebook I've got too many people I know to put up some comments or thoughts while in Twitter there's so many people that follow me and I don't know that I just don't really care. It's not having two different personalities is just being a bit less scared of what you say and how you say it.

I love Twitter, and I'm not ashamed of saying it.


In fact, I found it rather useful, it helps me to get over with things by saying what I think and how I feel to the world. Obviously I've got friends to do that too but this is kind of a different situation.


So yeah, I've got a twitter account because I enjoy having it.

PS: Special Order (Part 2) is not going to be posted in the next days sorry.


/J

No comments:

Post a Comment