Sunday 30 May 2010

About a fashion campaign






Like someone I know used to say, "It's all about the composition, how everything's blends together until it becomes a whole. Colours, shapes, lights and objects. The place has to be powerful enough. And the clothes, oh the clothes..."
Nowadays everything's an industry. Even feeling beautiful is an industry. Nonetheless, it's become an art too.

Before I went back to Argentina last April, I felt really excited for going back again, however, I was confused, as it was 3 years since the last time I went. A friend of mine says, "as long as you don't forget your roots..."
Agree, but the whole thing is much more complicated than trying not to forget "my roots."

I was excited. We agreed with my family that I was going to visit all the typical places in Buenos Aires, because I needed to feel that connection between the city and me again. But obviously it wasn't the same. At first I preferred to stay with my old memories.

Then I fell in love. I fell in love with my hometown for the first time. I realised that even though I wasn't going to live there again there was finally something between the city and me that I'll never forget.
I walked in the streets, had coffees in those amazing cafes listening and watching people dance tango. I became obsessed with my own culture. And I was ashamed for not feeling that way before.

I did in two weeks what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
Everything was breathtaking, most of the time I was focusing on so many things that I forgot to breath.

There was one thing though, which I really loved. The smells. If you lived in different places, you'll notice that smells are amazingly different. And that's a thing you can't transmit through a photograph.

All of this was to introduce one of my latest favourite fashion campaigns. Again Chanel and Mr. Lagerfeld dazzle us with really powerful ads. The ads feature models Claudia Schiffer, Freja Beha Erichsen and Baptiste Giabiconi and it was shot in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

/J

No comments:

Post a Comment